Integrated Services on Health and Development Organization (ISHDO)
It was established on October 27, 1997 as local NGO and registered with the Democratic Republic of Ethiopia, Ministry of Justice with major objective of combating the spread of HIV/AIDS. The organization was re-registered with the Federal Charities and Societies Agency in October 2009 with reg. number 0088 as per the new CSO legislation 621/2009.
ISHDO aspires to see healthy, productive and self-reliant society.
Promoting, and providing integrated health, education, and development services to improve the livelihood of the needy community through capacity development and active community participation.
- To contribute the national efforts made in health, education and socio economic development and empowering the community in poverty reduction
- To aware the community to develop behavioral change to ensure full participation and involvement in health services promotion and development activities
- To support efforts being made in HIV/AIDS prevention, RH/FP & ARH education, sanitation, hygiene and nutrition
- To support children, youth, women, people with disability and other needy individuals in capacity building and empowerment through formal and non-formal education
- Honesty and respect to stakeholders and the community addressed
- Participatory approach in involving communities in planning and decision making
- Accountability and responsibility to maintain credibility
- Maintain equality and alliance towards all its stakeholders
- Mutual affiliation and commitment to work with its partners at all levels